A Health insurance Scheme for Persons with Disabilities was launched by The New India Assurance Company limited, in Association with Ministry Of Social Justice, Dept of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities on 2nd October 2015. Persons with blindness, low vision, leprosy-cured, hearing impairment, loco-motor disability, Mental-Retardation and mental illness may apply for health insurance under the Swabalamban scheme.
- Sum insured of Rs. 2 lacs on family floater for a period of 12 months.
- Family size up to 1+3. Primary member is Person with disabilities. In case of minor being PWD, parent/legal guardian of such minor can also be covered under the scheme.
- Age band 0 – 65 years.
- Available for persons with disabilities with family annual income of Rs. 3 lacs and below on declaration basis in proposal form.
- No premedical tests.
- Uniform premium contribution of Rs. 357 per person / family ( incl tax).
- OPD cover for corrective therapy up to Rs. 10,000 a year for person with disability. For persons with mental retardation and mental illness, OPD cover is Rs. 3000 per annum.
- No exclusion of pre-existing conditions. However corrective surgery for existing impairment can be done with consent of insurer/TPA.
- Pre-post hospitalization expenses covered sub to limits.
- Rest of terms as per standard New India Flexi Floater Group Mediclaim Policy.
- Persons with multiple disabilities, Cerebral Palsy & autism are not covered under this scheme.
A person with disability, Spouse & up to two Children has to pay just 10% of the premium (Rs. 357) for a sum of Rs. 2 lac. Visit this New India Assurance Company’s page for enrolment form and other details.